A list of good reads
- The Guardian published a number of good reads over the break. One: this column by a therapist which reveals why it isn’t always easy to be ultra-rich. Two: a gushing tribute to RRR and director Rajamouli.
- From The Atlantic: One: are you using the word ‘gaslight’ correctly? Two: a persuasive case for social awkwardness—and why feeling embarrassed is a good thing.
- We have lots of year-end photo collections that are worth browsing. NPR’s selection of best global photos offers more than the usual news images.
- CNN offers this delightful collection of new year celebrations around the world. If you prefer video, check out BBC News’ roundup.
- ScienceFocus has the best science images and the story behind each one of them.
- Why is anyone still watching ‘Emily in Paris’? New York Times (splainer gift link) looks for answers.
- The Cut looks at the latest obsession of rich New Yorkers: fake Birkins. Really.
- The News Minute pays tribute to South Indian actresses who left a mark in 2022. FYI: it also makes for a handy viewing guide.
- For your bucket list: CNN’s lineup of where to travel in 2023.