A list of good reads
- Sharda Ugra in the Frontline offers a bird’s eye view of Indian sport in 2023—focusing on the wrestler protests—which marked an unprecedented rebellion against the establishment.
- Wired explains why the James Webb Telescope will upend how we classify planets, stars and moons.
- Indian Express reports on a “soft-release” facility in Gujarat that is using captive-bred wolves to restore the ecological balance of wild grasslands.
- The Wire has an excellent read on Indian foreign policy: an excerpt of the speech delivered by former diplomat DB Venkatesh Varma on the looming challenges and opportunities for New Delhi.
- CNBC has a very useful list assessing claims about supplements like biotin, collagen and magnesium.
- BBC News has a lovely piece on JS—the iconic magazine that 'invented' the Indian teenager.
- Scientific American offers a must-read on new research on asexuality—and how it is changing the treatment of sexuality.
- Priyanka Thirumurthy in The Third Pole looks at the impact of climate change on Indian cricket.
- The Guardian profiles Turkish chef Ebru Baybara Demir who won a global gastronomy prize in 2023.