A list of good reads
- Think you know the story about the Gujarati villagers who created a fake IPL-like league? Nope, you don’t—as you’ll realise when you read this wild Sports Illustrated feature. (h/t subscriber Ramanand Mundkur)
- Sticking with unbelievable scams, Vox explains why the origin of the fake unboxed aliens—unveiled in front of the Mexican Congress—is wilder than actual aliens.
- The Wire argues that it’s time for experts to say ‘I Recuse’ to TV channels and shows that promote hate—and make it public.
- Priyadarshini Chatterjee in Scroll pens a lovely piece on the food references in the poetry of Amir Khusrau.
- Freethink reports on the discovery of a new kind of brain cell that may help treat neurological disorders.
- Anything is possible thanks to climate change. Wired UK is here to tell you all about European ski resorts that are giving up on snow.
- Wall Street Journal (splainer gift link) has a fascinating piece on how Spotify is reshaping what a song sounds like today.
- Bloomberg News spotlights the new trend among MBA grads—who are turning down jobs to buy small companies in order to learn entrepreneurship. Umm, that’s just obnoxious…
- Scientific American has a fascinating deep dive into the latest research on the origins of wine.