A list of good reads
- Two great reads on the Gaza war: The Guardian on how the Netanyahu Doctrine has permanently reshaped Israel; New Yorker on a moving account of family’s escape from Gaza City.
- Scroll looks at the exploitative practice of ad-hoc teaching in Delhi University.
- The Economist looks at the lasting consequences of the OpenAI drama—and how it will shape the future of AI.
- The News Minute reports on how Tamil channels named and shamed women at a pub—who were collateral damage of a vendetta against the establishment.
- Washington Post (splainer gift link) offers an amusing take on names of birds that are now considered offensive.
- The Atlantic (splainer gift link) has an interesting read on how giving gifts is more about how it makes us feel about ourselves.
- As ‘Love Actually’ turns 20, Variety revisits its “awful greatness”.
- We tend to be pretty clique-ish when we throw parties—carefully curating our guest list. Vox makes a case for inviting everyone to everything.