A list of good reads
- Vox explores how the long-awaited dream of flying cars could finally be a reality.
- Jason Gay in Wall Street Journal (splainer gift link) has an entertaining read on acquiring “middle-aged statement eyeglasses.”
- Also in Wall Street Journal: an important reminder that friendships take work and time—and how it is good for us physically, mentally and emotionally to make the investment.
- Speaking of friendships, Refinery29 argues that low-maintenance friendships are overrated.
- Scroll has an interesting read on how the annual Natya Kala Conference shed its rarified air in its latest edition and featured contemporary subjects instead of traditional ones.
- Charlie Warzel in The Atlantic writes a lovely and offbeat meditation on grief and how his iPhone helped him cope with his dog’s death.
- Also in The Atlantic: a fascinating feature on how our bodies carry literal pieces of our family members.
- According to Vogue, 2024 will be all about 80s fashion—so gear up for leather and trench coats and bomber jackets.
- New York Times (splainer gift link) offers a useful guide to eight sex myths that need to be busted.