A list of good reads
- The Guardian offers a fascinating historical lesson on Renaissance sculptor Donatello—who was openly gay at a time when you could be burned at the stake for homosexuality.
- In this passionate essay, author Neelesh Misra calls out the fear-mongering used by companies like WhiteHat Jr. to damage children’s education and development.
- Henry Wismayer in Noema pens a thought-provoking essay on the least-understood emotional state of humans—awe.
- Bloomberg Businessweek offers a deep dive into the multiple failures of Sean Penn’s charity CORE Response—which range from complaints of sexual harassment to financial mismanagement.
- On Friday, we forgot to include this viral Bloomberg Businessweek profile of a super-rich tech bro’s attempt to turn back the biological clock—from 45 to 18.
- When Netflix announced a reality version of ‘Squid Game’, everyone knew it was a bad idea. Variety reports on the controversy and complaints surrounding the show.
- Glamour has everything you don’t want to know about the latest dating trend: ‘benching’. Yup, you’ll have to click through to figure out what that means.
- BBC News has the story of Padayappa—a happy, friendly wild elephant in Munnar—who is becoming increasingly cranky thanks to dumb tourists.