A list of good reads
- The Print has a lovely piece on Indian LGBTQ+ fiction that is taking on the Western language of queerness and pride.
- Julia Skinner in Bitter Southerner charts the rich and complex history of boiled peanuts—a snack that spread across the globe from the Andes.
- Washington Post (splainer gift link) explains why the planet is witnessing its hottest temperature in thousands of years.
- The Hindu reports on the ‘silent reading’ movement in India—which started in Bangalore’s Cubbon Park.
- Vulture breaks down Jamie Lee Curtis’ incredible performance as the Berzatto matriarch Donna in the FX series ‘The Bear’.
- Quartz brings the sad news that the Reddit AMA as we know it is dead.
- Wall Street Journal (splainer gift link) reports on the hot—and seriously ugly—sneakers that is worth billions of dollars. It's weird, French and called Hoka.
- The Guardian asked five researchers to name the five ways that AI can destroy our world. How helpful